New Photon Machine


My baby ready for flowering, mind the Doug Flag...

I think it's boring we call our garden machines "grow tents" - it is so much more. You have to open your mind a little to think you're building a machine that utilizes fluid pressure in a bucket, air circulation for transpiration and photons to provide energy into a living organism. So I've dubbed my tents as "photon machines" - it sounds a lot cooler and it really puts in perspective what we're actually doing.

Growing takes time but if you abide to the basics of hydroponic systems, in the long run it turns into a well-oiled machine for making cannabis product.

Mars Hydro TS600 connected to a timer, keep it tidy!

I moved out another plant and cleaned up the tent so I can put my large Gen-1 plant into a 12/12 flowering schedule. I also added the screen box to keep it supported. The plant at this size will consume several gallons in a few days. The flowering schedule does slow down leaf growth, but I'd make it a habit to check your buckets every other day. Also don't forget to trim up your plant to get nutes and water to sites you desire. It also shows weak stems and proper air flow.



And I know some gardeners will be afraid of putting proper nutrients every time they do a quick refill. I've gone days with the plant just using tap water so it has something to drink but usually on the weekends I'll drop in the lacking nutrients from the week. When in doubt, put in less nutrients and check the leaf coloration. If you see any serious problems, start over and do a full water flush and replace it with fresh nutes and pH accordingly.

I hope some of you have a photon machine doing your hard work. Take care!

-Pinky

Comments

Popular Posts