May 8th, 2024 - Harvest of White Widow

Well the big harvest day came and the white widow is now trimmed and chopped from the main stem. It now hangs in the kitchen. It's not as big as I wanted but I can see the heat and the flower was reaching a decent ending so I decided to finish the grow once the brown hairs came through.


The plant just before chopping the stem, notice the amount of sails removed in the bucket

Dense flowers for the picking

Gloves should be worn but they should not be sticky since you should have only removed the non-trichome sails

The process was to first remove all the sail leaves that carried no trichomes with it. Those would be the leaves that had the signature "crystals" on top the sail. You can see how much the sails create a false idea of how large the plant really is.

With non-trichome sails

Without non-trichome sails

With non-trichome sails

Without non-trichome sails

Remember these sails are just to gather light and convert it to energy, making plant sugar. All non-trichome sails I discarded, but I left all the smaller sail leaves with the crystals glimmering. Those small sails will add a texture to the final product and still will have a significant amount of cannabinoid oil attached to it. Why throw away good product? And the sails usually shrivel back to the main flower, making that signature "nugget" look.


Once the sails are removed I am left with only the stem and smokable buds. I hang the stem upside-down as they air dry. They're currently very heavy with water. Once they begin to "crackle" off the stems, I'll use my gloves to pull all the flower product and weigh it out for a harvest. I'm thinking something around a few ounces as a full harvest weight, but I'm not upset, this is all my product made in my own dwelling. What a treat!

The iconic Christmas tree upside-down

I'll keep you all posted on the weight. Thank you for reading. Hope this information finds you well.

Comments

Popular Posts