Gen-2 on 12/12, cloning success for Gen-3

I'm excited to say Gen-2 is switching to a 12/12 schedule for flower and I'm also spritzing it with colloidal silver for pollination. My big plan is to get Gen-2 to produce pollen and have it pollinate my Gen-3 (which is beginning to make roots in the cloner).

Before and after, Gen-2 in flower schedule

The biggest challenge is allowing the plant to make pollen by stressing it with the silver spray. It'll force the plant to make pollen sacks and when the time is right, those sacks will open, releasing pollen in the form of dust. I'll collect the dust and use it to sprinkle onto the flowering Gen-3.Click the diagram to see what I'm doing visually:

All I've got to say is I'm excited. The clones for Gen-3 are also coming in and if I have any dead cuttings from the cloner, I'm quickly replacing them with fresh stems. But these cuttings are coming fast, making roots in a matter of seven days! What a record! Here's two of them, ready to get to work!


Keep in mind, do NOT smoke or ingest the Gen-2 flower since they'll be doused in colloidal silver and can be unsafe. But when the Gen-3 (seed producing) flowers are ready, they can be smoked, but remember the buds will have seeds inside them. Hopefully I'll be able to get all of the seeds out when it comes to harvest (sometime this winter).

If you have any questions, please email me or find me on Twitter. Thank you for reading. More posts to come, I promise.

Pinky


Comments

Popular Posts