Ready for flowering

Captain's Log:

It has been a very fast month of incredible growth. I recently had to refill the reservoir only once since it's been in the bucket. The reservoir itself is already low from just a few days taking in a new batch of nutrients. I honestly accidentally fed the plant a little too much, damaging some of the main sail leaves, which we call leaf burn or nute burn. I trimmed off the damaged leaves, which gives a little more air circulation through the canopy.

Keep in mind this is the vegetation part where the plant is easy to trim and manicure. It recovers quickly with new growth and allows the stems to thicken, building a great foundation for cuttings and flowering sites. Don't hesitate to trim your plants to your liking since the roots are now properly established. Prior to this grow I would cut the tall stems but since this strain is wider than it is taller, it's genetics works towards my favor. The bush size of the plant will make it easier to put a scrog net over it.

I'm giving it a few more days to grow while I prepare for the next stage. My second tent needs some cleaning since the last time I used it a male plant dropped pollen, dusting the entire plant and making a horrid mess in the grow site. I have to be mindful of the pollen dust so I don't accidentally impregnate the plant and create seed. That's what the marijuana cultivator masters did back in the 70's, create the sinsemilla technique - to starve female plants from gathering male pollen, inadvertently making buds larger and more potent.

Here's the current plant just before flowering.












As you can see, the plant is very healthy and sharp green, minus the large damaged sail leaves that have been burned by the nutrients. I removed those, but just notice the massive size compared to my hand. The plant is about 32in wide with a 22in height, very ideal for scrog netting.

I also swung by Mint Cannabis and I laughed at their road sign - pretty blatant if you ask me. Hope you're all enjoying the great weather in Arizona. Get outside and enjoy it while you can.

-Pinky



Comments

Popular Posts