April 18th, 2024 Update - Flowering Stage

The flowering White Widow is looking great after being in flower for now 45 days. From my plant journal, it looks like it took about a month to go from seed to full vegetation and another month in vegetation to flowering (and schedule change). It is almost two months of it being in flowering. My plants have taken almost five months total in growing. This is considered the spring crop.

For this White Widow, there's close to twenty flowering sites observed and the colas are now reaching close to 10cm tall. The house stinks up like fruity pebbles and skunk. Real crispy textures and crystals are sparkling brightly in the flowering sites.



I'm taking extra precaution this time, the last crop the plant died due to a mismeasurement of water. I added too much water in the last grow, which threw off my entire grow setup. The over measuring caused my plant to droop, suffocating the plant. See my post about heat stress. Since my flowering plant terminated prematurely - all the flower went to waste. I ended up throwing out the entire plant, accepted the loss and began this new crop.

I noticed this plant (White Widow) is taking in a gallon of water almost every five days. A lot of that water will turn to buds for the plant, and all of it will eventually be released into the air, taking some of those oils with it, which inadvertently causes the house to stink. Be sure to keep your air circulating to promote good transpiration. Now that the temperatures are warming up for the spring, the temperature becomes a key factor. Warm water and stagnant air wreaks havoc on a crop. Like I mentioned before, please see my post about heat stress.

The watering measurements itself plays a calculated problem, since you cannot fill the entire bucket without flooding the plant roots. You also can't walk away for a week without the risk of the plant dying due to lack of water. For me I try to top it off at around two gallons and check it every other day to see the gallon level drop.

Keep an eye out on your flowers. All this hard work will soon pay off.


Comments

Popular Posts